How Much Classroom Training Is Included?
Classroom Training Determined By Workshop Length
- Single Night Workshop
- Some include 1 afternoon classroom session (minimum 3 hours)
- Others include no classroom training
- 3 Night Workshop
- 3 afternoon classroom sessions (minimum 8 hours)
- Includes all training content and some time to work on student images
- 5 Night Workshop
- 5 afternoon classroom sessions (minimum 11 hours)
- Includes all training content and extended time to work on student images
What Does The Classroom Training Content Look Like?
Students receive all training content in electronic format (in addition to the live training) giving them easy access all the clickable links and resources.
Topics We Like To Cover In Classroom Training
- Key Concepts & Tools
- Planning Resources On The Web
- Getout There And Scout
- Safe Night Photography
- Procedures & Settings
- Noise & Noise Reduction
- Multiple Exposures
- Light Painting
- Super Long-Exposures
- RAW Processing in Lightroom
- Curves Adjustments
- Color Balance & Selective Color
- Blending in Photoshop
- Focus Stacking Blending
- Star Spikes & Comet Like Star Trail Processing
- Multiple Exposures for Noise Reduction
- More On Noise Reduction
- Panoramic Stitching
- Sharpening For The Web
Software Applications We Use In The Post-Processing Portion
- Adobe Lightroom
- Adobe Photoshop
- Nik Color Efex Pro
- Star Spikes Pro
How Is The Training Content Presented?
- Live Lecture Style Presentation
- Power-Point Presentation shown with Projector & Screen - with PDF copy for students
- Full-Resolution Images Edited in Lightroom, Photoshop, and more
Are Photoshop Skills Required?
- No, photoshop skills are not required.
- For some people however, photoshop experience can be helpful in making the most of the Post-Processing Classroom Training Session. This classroom training session is just one day and makes up roughly 1/6th of the workshop.
- For people looking to ramp up their Photoshop skills, Mike recommends a video tutorial from Ian Plant titled Creative Digital Processing available here.
When Does The Classroom Training Take Place?
Classroom training starts daily at 2 pm and runs until 4-5 pm.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- Laptop PC with Favorite Images (from in-field training)
- PC Software: Photoshop (and Lightroom if you have it)
- Comments and Questions for Discussion